pixel loading twice

• February 24, 2016 at 9:01 pm #2830
    beanda
    Participant

have others reported this? i am getting activation twice on all woocommerce pages so nothing is tracking properly.

February 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm #2831
    ToniJ123
    Participant

That’s happening to me too.

Pixel Activated Multiple Times
    This error means that a pixel with the same ID and event name was sent multiple times to Facebook.

This is typically an error. The same event should only occur once upon page loading.

If it is sent with different custom data parameters, those parameters should be aggregated into a single pixel event.

How do I fix it? Thx!

February 28, 2016 at 4:03 pm #2833
    jacobhulse
    Keymaster

Hi beanda and ToniJ123,

First, thank you both so much for trying WP Facebook Pixel.

Unfortunately, the Pixel Helper was developed for the Conversion Pixel, and doesn’t play all that well with our plugin. We utilize dynamic delivery so often times the pixel helper can’t properly determine when the plugin loads the pixels related to the page. There has been no evidence which indicates that there is any issue with our delivery logic.

We do not aggigate event data into 1 single pixel event at this time; however, we have seen no indication that this is causing any sort of issues tracking these events. We have even been able to set up a single audience using data from multiple ViewContent events delivered from one page view.

All of that said, if either of you (or anyone else) has any doubt regarding the validity of the data being processed by Facebook, please do not hesitate to contact us. Specific information regarding your concerns (screenshots and URLs are awesome!) will really help us investigate your situation.

Best wishes,
    Jacob

February 28, 2016 at 4:14 pm #2834
    beanda
    Participant

the problem for me is that on purchase events the amount recorded as the transaction value ends up being double the actual value even though there is only 1 actual purchase event. the audience collection works fine even when the events fire more than once, but the transaction data is not accurate. since i bid based on conversion value, this does not work well.

February 29, 2016 at 7:07 pm #2843
    jacobhulse
    Keymaster

beanda,

Great news, we identified the issue! Our next deploy will include the fix and should be released shortly. Stay tuned!

Best wishes,
    Jacob

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.