Tracking contact form 7 submission

• January 18, 2016 at 2:45 pm #2511
    matt
    Participant

Hey,

I have your plugin setup, and I put in my FB pixel. Im not using it on an ecommerce store, just to track conversions. How do I track a contact form 7 submission? On my contact page I did enable the “Lead” event. But I’m not too sure what I am supposed to put into the “Value 1” fields?

As well how would I set it up for a standard page view? Such as ViewContent what would I then put in those fields?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

January 18, 2016 at 2:46 pm #2512
    jacobhulse
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

First of all, thank you for contacting us and evaluating our plugin.

The only way to trigger the Lead event to Facebook is if the user is redirected to another page on your WordPress site after completing the form. If so, then you would place the Lead event on this ‘thank you’ page. The value’s for this event are optional and can be ignored in this case.

The standard PageView event is automatically added to every page and post for you. The ViewContent event is primarily reserved for important pages, like a product page. If the user visits that page but does not purchase the product, this would allow you to remarket it to them later.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. If not or you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Thank you,
    Jacob

January 18, 2016 at 2:46 pm #2513
    matt
    Participant

Jacob,

Thanks! So if I want to use ViewContent on page, and target those people what do I need to fill into the “Value 1” fields? And what will it show up like on my facebook pixel stats page? Will it have ViewContent there?

Thanks again!

January 18, 2016 at 2:46 pm #2514
    jacobhulse
    Keymaster

Matt,

You can apply whatever meaningful data you want for the key/value pair. As an example: if your site marketed hotel rooms and you have a page which features information on San Diego. You could set that page’s ViewContent with a ‘Location’:’San Diego’ key value.

This information is targetable within Facebook’s Create Audience control panel by selecting Custom Combination from the Website Traffic dropdown, then include the Event ‘ViewContent’ or whatever event you are passing data for. Once that particular event receives traffic with the key/value pairs you define, you will be able to select the key name you define as a parameter to the ViewContent event.

We are working hard on a more robust website including more in-depth walkthroughs based on your questions, so please keep them coming!

Thank you,
    Jacob

The topic ‘Tracking contact form 7 submission’ is closed to new replies.